Saturday, October 9, 2010

Some "Fair"ly Random Observances

So, finally went to the Tulsa State Fair last night.  I have been looking forward to it.  Like a child, I dearly enjoy the whole fair atmosphere.  I think it makes Kevin laugh.  I know it doesn't effect him in the same way, although I know he enjoys it. 

So here are some random thoughts about the fair this year.

1.  The butterfly house is very much worth the admission price. You really need to see them being born in  
     another area first. You need to see and hear the entire process. The tent contains thousands of  
     butterflies and you can have many of them land on you.







2.  I've learned that anything, and I mean anything, can be either dipped in chocolate or deep fried and bought at a food booth at the fair for the low low price of about $3 a bite.  There were the old standards, which we stuck to.  Corn Dogs, Funnel Cake, Cotton Candy, Fudge....... but there were also such delicasies as chocolate dipped cookie dough (almost went for that), deep fried cheese cake (again intriguing)........
deep fried stick of butter (no one was buying it), and Krispy Kreme burgers (loaded cheeseburgers with Krispy Kreme doughnuts for buns (yeah they were busy) .


3.  I have learned that certain rides have the ability to induce nausea in some people without ever having to board them.  Seriously, it wasn't the corn dog, fudge, and funnel cake..... I don't think.....
Swinging at the end of a ginormous arm at about 60-70 miles an hour doesn't appeal to me.  Nor does a 4 story free fall in a stationary seat, or a spinning ball attached to bungie cords. 
However there are a few standards that capture my inner child every time.....



4.  The butterflies and carousel horses were not the only animals....
I love the barns.  Did I mention something about an inner child?  :0D
I feel a butt coming.....

Anyone you know?

He was just kidding....

Duck, Duck.........
They are Zoe (left) and Sparky (right) and they are in love.... haha
Posing for pics

So, overall, the fair is still as much fun as I remembered.  And my date was the best ever.  



No comments:

Post a Comment